Which Airports Are Approved Entry Points for US Travelers Returning from the Schengen Area, Iran, or Mainland China?
New federal travel regulations announced by President Trump on Wednesday night restricting travel between Europe and the United States beginning Friday, March 13th after 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time. These new travel restrictions have added the following restrictions for those who have traveled to one of the Schengen Area countries:
- Foreign nationals who have traveled to one of the Schengen Area countries within the past 14 days will be denied entry to the United States.
- U.S. citizens or lawful permanent residents of the U.S. returning from travel to a Schengen Area country within the past 14 days will be required to enter through an approved airport.
As stated, the new travel ban denying entry to the U.S. does not apply to lawful, permanent residents of the United States or their immediate family members. However, any approved travelers returning to the United States after traveling to one of the Schengen Area countries within the previous 14 days will be required to enter the United States through an approved airport.
Here is the list of approved airports serving travelers returning from the Schengen Area countries, Iran, or mainland China (excluding Hong Kong and Macau).
List of Approved Airports:
- Atlanta: Hartsfield–Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL)
- Dallas-Fort Worth: Dallas Fort Worth International Airport (DFW)
- Detroit: Detroit Metropolitan Airport (DTW)
- Newark, New Jersey: Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR)
- Honolulu: Daniel K. Inouye International Airport (HNL)
- New York City: John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK)
- Los Angeles: Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)
- Chicago: Chicago O’Hare International Airport (ORD)
- Seattle: Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA)
- San Francisco: San Francisco International Airport (SFO)
- Washington, D.C.: Washington-Dulles International Airport (IAD)
*What are the Schengen Area countries?
The twenty-six countries which form the Schengen Area include Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland.
The United Kingdom and Ireland are not part of the Schengen Area.